No emojis in Viva Engage

Brass Contributor

Hello dear community,
I love viva enage and the path it has taken.

Now with the co-pilot in preview, things are really coming together.

Just one question has been bothering me for a long time:
Does anyone here know why emojis have not been used on a social platform like this until now?

Yes, you can react with emojis, but what would be much more important is to use emojis when writing a discussion question or post.

And if someone knows the answer, why was it omitted ?

Many thanks in advance.

8 Replies

@Cloudfreunde-OP 

You can use emojis, just use the emoji keyboard that's built into your OS, So Windows-key and . will bring it up :)

NicolasKheirallah_0-1705587719494.png

yes ok, that's a good workaround.

but i don't think that can be the long term solution, also how to explain to customers.
How it works on a mac?

And the question remains, why are there emojis in Teams and not in Engage?

I see your point about the emoji feature in Teams, alongside GIFs that is similar to the GIF feature in Viva Engage. Teams also has stickers, which Viva Engage doesn't have.

I think the most obvious reason for the difference is the concept of product simplicity. Viva Engage errs on the side of simplicity much more than Teams does.
Yes, you're right, it is fundamentally simpler.
But we're talking about emojis here, which already exist for reactions to a post, for example.
And I don't believe that emojis make the product "more complicated", on the contrary.

Anyway, is there a place for viva engage to request such a feature?

Thanks for the exchange
Viva Engage is expanding the reaction set from 6 to 30. It won't be adding a Teams-like Emoji add-in function (next to GIF, etc.) but will greatly improve the options for reactions. (Like, Love, Sad, etc.)
https://pupuweb.com/mc697805-expanded-reactions-viva-engage/
For all those who are interested, here is the link to the feedback request.

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/a3ead4d4-95c1-ee11-92bd-6045bd7b0481