SOLVED

Teams webinar-change sender email address

Microsoft

I'm MS sales , My customer have one requirement about changing teams webniar sender email address, Technical support feedback it was system auto send ,the email address couldn't be revised , because customer created the tanent name while the admin create their company tanent name , Microsoft system  email @aa.ONMICROSOFT.COM @ AA ,is fixed . although they can add more tanent name such as @BB* , but Webinar send email is related the first tanent @aa .

May I know who can fix it ?  why customer couldn't revise Teams webinar send email to their company other tenant name as @BB  .

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ting_wang550 (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @ting_wang550,

I will try to answer your questions

1. Sender Email Address for Teams Webinars:

• When a Teams webinar is created, the registration confirmation email comes from an address like "noreply@tenantname."
    • Unfortunately, this email address is not customizable.
  2. Tenant Name and Email Address:

• While the admin sets the company tenant name, Microsoft's system email addresses (like @aa.ONMICROSOFT.COM) remain fixed.
    • Even though additional tenant names (e.g., @BB) can be added, the sender email for webinars remains linked to the original tenant @aa.

*Workaround
      • Microsoft (from summer 2023) allows customization of webinar emails in Teams. You can modify the sender name, email subject, banner, logo images, and the email body (but not an e-mail address.

Manage webinar emails in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

@LeonPavesic    thank you very much, our Product Group team also feedbacked that they won’t have plan to change this function.

Customer admin didn't create their domain name when he created tanent in the first time,the system used org name aacompany , so the sender email is @aacompany.onmicrosoft.   they want to change to domain name ,we told them it can't be changed .

I think the way to replace their domain name is  that customer place a new order ,not sign in to old tenant ,but create a new tenant  with correct domain name and migrate all original data to this new tenant .

@ting_wang550,

correct, if the customer wants to change the domain name associated with their Teams tenant and the sender email address for Teams webinars, creating a new tenant with the correct domain name is a solution.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ting_wang550 (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @ting_wang550,

I will try to answer your questions

1. Sender Email Address for Teams Webinars:

• When a Teams webinar is created, the registration confirmation email comes from an address like "noreply@tenantname."
    • Unfortunately, this email address is not customizable.
  2. Tenant Name and Email Address:

• While the admin sets the company tenant name, Microsoft's system email addresses (like @aa.ONMICROSOFT.COM) remain fixed.
    • Even though additional tenant names (e.g., @BB) can be added, the sender email for webinars remains linked to the original tenant @aa.

*Workaround
      • Microsoft (from summer 2023) allows customization of webinar emails in Teams. You can modify the sender name, email subject, banner, logo images, and the email body (but not an e-mail address.

Manage webinar emails in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

View solution in original post