SOLVED

Teams live event attendees are not counted

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We are having problem with Teams live event because attendees are not counted during the live event. We've tried many times and it always shows zero (0) while there was about 30 attendees. I don't mean the report here, because the report shows the participants, but we can't see the number of participants in the producer view - always shows 0. Live event permissions we set as "public".

6 Replies
Good afternoon Kruszya,

If you're not seeing the attendee count in the producer view during your Teams live event, it could be due to a few different factors. Here are some things to check:

Make sure that you're using the latest version of Teams: Microsoft regularly updates Teams, and sometimes new updates can fix bugs and improve the software's functionality. Make sure that you're using the latest version of Teams to ensure that you're not experiencing a known issue.

Check your Teams policies: The ability to see attendee counts during a live event may be controlled by your organization's Teams policies. Check with your IT department or Teams administrator to make sure that your policies allow for attendee counts to be displayed.

Try a different network or device: It's possible that the issue is with your network or device. Try using a different network or device to see if the attendee count appears.

Check the attendee experience: Sometimes attendees may experience issues when joining a live event. Make sure that attendees are joining the event correctly and that they're not experiencing any issues that may prevent their attendance from being recorded.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

Kind regards,

Luke

@LukeJMaddenThank You for replay. All the conditions you mentioned are met in my case. I'm just wondering about the policy, which as you mentioned about counting participants, where exactly can I find it? I didn't see anything like that in the Teams administration center.

best response confirmed by Kruszya (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Good evening Kruszya ,

Sorry but I probably skipped the first thing to check you have the counting ticked, sorry if this was already checked but to cover all bases:

In the Teams Administration Center, you can find the policy settings related to live events under the "Meetings" section. Here's how you can check the policy settings related to counting participants in a live event:

1. Go to the Microsoft Teams Administration Center and sign in with an admin account.

2. Click on "Meetings" in the left-hand navigation menu.

3. Click on "Live events policies" to view the available policies.

4. Click on the policy that applies to your live event.

5. Scroll down to the "Attendee engagement and analytics" section to view the available options for counting participants.

6. Make sure that the "Allow attendance reporting" option is enabled.

If this option is not enabled, attendees will not be counted in the live event. If it is enabled, but you are still experiencing issues with attendee counts, you may want to reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance as that is the limit of my knowledge sorry.

Kind regards,

Luke

While create a ticket to Microsoft, I noticed in admin center that Microsoft knows about the problem and is trying to solve it. @LukeJMadden - thank you for help :)

@KruszyaYour most welcome,

I would appreciate any positive feedback, likes or approved answers.

Have a good night.

@Kruszya

If you're experiencing a problem with the attendee count not being displayed in the producer view during Teams live events, there are a few steps you can take to address the issue. First, ensure that you and your team are using the latest version of the Teams app. Check your network connectivity to ensure a stable internet connection. Try restarting the Teams application to resolve any temporary glitches. Double-check the permissions and settings for the live event, ensuring that you have the necessary rights to access attendee information. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kruszya (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Good evening Kruszya ,

Sorry but I probably skipped the first thing to check you have the counting ticked, sorry if this was already checked but to cover all bases:

In the Teams Administration Center, you can find the policy settings related to live events under the "Meetings" section. Here's how you can check the policy settings related to counting participants in a live event:

1. Go to the Microsoft Teams Administration Center and sign in with an admin account.

2. Click on "Meetings" in the left-hand navigation menu.

3. Click on "Live events policies" to view the available policies.

4. Click on the policy that applies to your live event.

5. Scroll down to the "Attendee engagement and analytics" section to view the available options for counting participants.

6. Make sure that the "Allow attendance reporting" option is enabled.

If this option is not enabled, attendees will not be counted in the live event. If it is enabled, but you are still experiencing issues with attendee counts, you may want to reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance as that is the limit of my knowledge sorry.

Kind regards,

Luke

View solution in original post