SQL Server 2022 SSIS package deployment issue. A required privilege is not held by the client

Copper Contributor

My case is I have Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2022 installed on it. SSIS was included during installation. I deploy packages in VS 2022 from different PC on Windows 10 as admin account. 

Tamerlan_0-1693194425885.png

Error

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "deploy_project_internal":  

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: A required privilege is not held by the client 

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception:  

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ISServerProcess.StartProcess(Boolean bSuspendThread) 

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerApi.DeployProjectInternal(SqlInt64 deployId, SqlInt64 versionId, SqlInt64 projectId, SqlString projectName) 

. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 6522) 

Solution: 

Go to Server launch SQL Server Configurator Manager 

Find following SQL Server Services 

SQL Server Integration Services (16.0 in my case) 

SQL Server 

SQL Server Agent 

Go to properties of each 

Tamerlan_0-1693214005249.png

Default log on accounts for these services have limited access to server system. 

We need to change Log on As from default account to built-in account Network Service 

Tamerlan_1-1693214041517.png

Restart the services and you should be able now to deploy projects without any issues. 

Conclusion  

Common solution on the web is to add desired domain account to list of security policies. 

This solution didn’t work for me since security policy user assignments was inactive to add additional accounts and contained only 2 bulit-in accounts which in this case we use as log on account. I want to mention again that my SQL Server 2022 is installed on Windows Server 2019. 

Run-> Secpol.msc -> User Rights Assignment 

Tamerlan_2-1693214065776.png

Only way to get rid of this error for SSIS in my case was to use bulit-in accounts for SQL Services. 

Useful references that helped me to come up with this solution:  

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: A required privilege is not held by the client while Deploying... 

0 Replies