DB Connectivity Error

Copper Contributor
<?php $servername = "localhost"; $username = "username"; $password = "password'; $database = "ytmp3_db"; // Create connection $conn = new mysqli($serverneme, $username, $password, $database); // Check connection if ($conn->connect_error) { die('Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error); } ?>

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. Recently, I've been using Ytmp3 Now, I've taken a look at the code snippet responsible for handling the database connection, and I can't seem to pinpoint what's causing the issue. Could there be something inherently wrong with this code? Or perhaps there's some data-related hiccup causing the problem?

Here are some additional details:

• I've double-checked my database credentials, and they seem to be correct.
  • The server hosting the database is up and running without any apparent issues.
  • I've also tried restarting the server, just in case there was a temporary glitch, but the problem persists.

I'm reaching out to the community in the hopes that someone might have encountered a similar issue or might have some insights into what could be causing this database connection error. Any help or suggestions you can provide would be immensely appreciated.

2 Replies

I can't seem to pinpoint what's causing the issue

@Wasidigital , and what for an issue do you have; you haven't mentioned it in any way?

@Wasidigital 

I'm going to assume your formatting broke, and that there's actual line feeds in your code, so your comments are not what's breaking your connection.

<?php 
$servername = "localhost"; 
$username = "username"; 
$password = "password'; 
$database = "ytmp3_db"; 
// Create connection 
$conn = new mysqli($serverneme, $username, $password, $database); 
// Check connection 
if ($conn->connect_error) {
 die('Connection failed: " . $conn->connect_error);
} 
?>

It appears as though you've mixed double and single quotes on your strings. You need to pick one and stick with it.

$password = "password'
die('Connection failed:" . $conn->connect_error)