Wrong job title displaying

Copper Contributor

I'm using SfB on Mac (Version 16.5.185) and my job title is still my old title. (It was changed March 15th). Is there a grace period for it to sync from Outlook? Please advise.

Thanks! 

21 Replies

We have released a fix for Skype for Business online, and the fix for Skype for Business Server 2015 and 2019 will be coming in the next server updates.  The nature of the fix is that the UCWA component of the server will synchronize the contact information when the user is only signed in to Skype for Business apps on Mac, iOS, Android, and web.  (If the user is signed from other, non-UCWA endpoints, the server assumes that one of those in the Windows app, which manages the synchronization itself.) 

If you are still seeing out-of-date contact information,  please try the following:

• Wait for at least 24 hours from the time that the contact information was published in Active Directory.
  • Sign out of all Skype for Business apps on all devices.
  • Sign out from or disconnect desk phones or applications provided by peripheral manufactures (such as headsets) that have a Skype for Business connection.
  • Sign in to the app on Mac, iOS, or Android.
  • Wait five minutes and check the contact information.

You should now see the up-to-date contact information displayed.  If you continue to see the stale contact information, we would like to get logs from the client so we can investigate.  The easiest way to get client logs to us is to install the Office Insider build of Skype for Business on Mac (available from https://aka.ms/office_insider) and then send an issue using Help/Report an Issue.

Phil.

@Daniel Kundrat I might be late into this thread, but this is still appearing to be an issue. 
I logged into Skype for Business on a Windows machine and that updated the Job Title instantly on the Mac side.