Sometimes Etag attribute is not being changed in SharePoint 2010 SOAP API response

New Contributor

Hi Team,
Sometimes Etag attribute is not being changed in SharePoint API response after updating the document (.docx file) by Microsoft flow on the SharePoint site.
Ideally, it should be changed whenever we update this document either directly or by Microsoft flow which I have created earlier. Other fields like ows_Last_x0020_Modified, ows_Modified etc are being changed in the same API response.

 

Please find the details of this issue below.

  1. Create two document libraries named 'Library A' & 'Library B' in a SharePoint site. 
     

    s-0.png

  2. Create a flow to copy new and modified documents from 'Library A' to 'Library B' as described below. 
     

    s-1.png

  3. Create a new document 'Arpan-1.docx' in 'Library A'
  4. Edit the document 'Arpan-1.docx' in 'Library A' and wait to be copied the changes in 'Library B' automatically.
  5. Fetch the data of 'Library-B' using SharePoint SOAP API
  6. Repeat the steps #4 & #5 and notice that sometimes Etag attribute is not being changed in API response. Kindly see some API responses for your reference below.

Response-1

"rs:data" = {

ItemCount = 1;

text = "\n ";

"z:row" = {

Etag = "{D36938FD-B529-469D-8353-5A99621AEDE8},16";

"ows_AccessPolicy" = "100;#0";

"ows_Author" = "7;#Roland Reddekop,#i:0#.f|membership|roland@megafile.ca,#roland@megafile.ca,#roland@megafile.ca,#Roland Reddekop";

"ows_BSN" = "100;#4292";

"ows_BaseName" = "Arpan-1";

...

Response-2
"rs:data" = {

ItemCount = 1;

text = "\n ";

"z:row" = {

Etag = "{D36938FD-B529-469D-8353-5A99621AEDE8},1";

"ows_AccessPolicy" = "100;#0";

"ows_Author" = "7;#Roland Reddekop,#i:0#.f|membership|roland@megafile.ca,#roland@megafile.ca,#roland@megafile.ca,#Roland Reddekop";

"ows_BSN" = "100;#222";

"ows_BaseName" = "Arpan-1";

...

Response-3
"rs:data" = {

ItemCount = 1;

text = "\n ";

"z:row" = {

Etag = "{D36938FD-B529-469D-8353-5A99621AEDE8},1";

"ows_AccessPolicy" = "100;#0";

"ows_Author" = "7;#Roland Reddekop,#i:0#.f|membership|roland@megafile.ca,#roland@megafile.ca,#roland@megafile.ca,#Roland Reddekop";

"ows_BSN" = "100;#222";

"ows_BaseName" = "Arpan-1";

...

Note- In the above case, I have updated the document 'Arpan-1' three times. Last two response contains the same Etag value. Ideally, the Etag value should be changed every time after step #4.

 

Kindly suggest any solution on this issue if possible.

 

0 Replies