SOLVED

SharePoint Designer Crash

Copper Contributor
Nisreen_Ababseh_0-1714480126313.png

I installed SharePoint Designer 2013 on my laptop on Windows 10 . When I open the designer, I get a First Things First screen to accept the license agreement. When I click the Accept button, Designer crashes.
2 Replies
Hi Nisreen_Ababseh

Having SharePoint Designer 2013 crash when you try to accept the license agreement can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve this issue:

1. Run as Administrator:
- Right-click the SharePoint Designer shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". This can often resolve permission-related issues that might cause the program to crash.

2. Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the SharePoint Designer executable or shortcut and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select a previous version of Windows, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Also, check the "Run this program as an administrator" box in the same tab.
- Click Apply and OK, then try opening SharePoint Designer again.

3. Reinstall SharePoint Designer:
- Uninstall SharePoint Designer from your system.
- Before reinstalling, make sure to clear out any residual files in the installation directory and in the `AppData` directory related to SharePoint Designer.
- Download a fresh installer from the official Microsoft website or your organization's software distribution platform and install it again.

4. Disable Add-Ins:
- Sometimes, add-ins can cause SharePoint Designer to crash. Try starting SharePoint Designer without any add-ins if possible, or disable them from the Options menu if you can access it before the crash occurs.

5. Check Event Viewer:
- Look in the Windows Event Viewer to find any specific error messages related to SharePoint Designer crashes. This can provide more clues about what might be going wrong.
- To open Event Viewer, press Windows key + R, type `eventvwr.msc`, and press Enter. Look under Windows Logs -> Application for relevant error entries.

6. Create a New Windows User Profile:
- Sometimes, a corrupt Windows user profile can cause issues with applications. Try creating a new user account on your computer and install SharePoint Designer there to see if it works in that environment.

If none of these solutions work, consider whether there might be specific security settings or group policies applied on your computer or network that could be interfering with SharePoint Designer.
best response confirmed by Nisreen_Ababseh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristianVoigt It works, Thank you for your help :hearteyes:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nisreen_Ababseh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristianVoigt It works, Thank you for your help :hearteyes:

View solution in original post