SOLVED

Employee Birthday Calendar Web Part

Copper Contributor

Hi, I am new to SharePoint and I am trying to implement an employee birthday calendar on SharePoint using the web-part here https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts/tree/master/samples/react-birthdays.

Following the instructions on the link, I have created a Birthdays list and have deployed the Birthday web part to SharePoint online, I am currently stuck at connecting the Birthdays list and the Birthday web part so that the web part can fetch the Birthdays data from the list. 

Any idea on the next step to take? I have surfed the internet and could not find anything helpful.

70 Replies
I deployed the function in Azure, but it is not pushing employee details into Birthday list. I created the list already. What would be the reason?

Hi @João José Mendes 

I've followed the all steps and the web part working fine. But the issue is it shows only the manually entered data. So, how can I configure to execute the Azure function and sync data from AD?

I've registered a new app in Azure portal, granted relevant permission with admin consent, and add the App Id And secret to the local.settings.json. but the AD data not synced to the list. How can I fix this issue?

Sudesh_Kumara_0-1607285785797.png

Everything working fine. I just need to sync AD data to the list. Could you please help me?

Hello,

do you have the latest app file for me to download? I am new and dont know how to build the file myself. Can you help me with both? Thanks!

Best regards,

Michael

@João José Mendes 

Greetings João José Mendes

In advance congratulate you for this contribution to the Sharepoint community and ask if there is a way to keep the sharepoint list updated through a flow (power automate) because the birthday field is the delve and I do not know how to bring it to the list so that the birthday is automatic 100%.

thank you for your contributions

I attach screenshots

@JohnatanGonzalezVelez Use Azure Function instead of a flow. BTW, wasn't delve supposed to retire soon?

@João José Mendes 

Hello Sir,

I got this message when I try the link.

I would like to add this webpart to my intranet.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @João José Mendes

This web part is only for Birthdays?

Is there any configuration to show anniversaries?

Yes it's just for Birthdays.

I've wasted too much time just trying to download the package to get it working, I think it's better to look for other alternatives.

I do not recommend this package.

HELLO, in webpar are showing 5 upcoming birthdays, in wepart proproties don't allow to change 5 to other number. I found in code hardcored 5. Changed to 3, rebuilded and upadated pachage on sharepoint, but still seeing 5 upcoming. Any advise where i should search in code ? And other thing we want add copmany namy in birthday card, tryied update code code, but not succesfully 

@João José Mendes  Can you please share the updated link to download the nupkg file?

@João José Mendes please send me the last sppkg