SOLVED

Azure DDOS Protection

Brass Contributor

Hi,

According the Microsoft documentation, Azure DDoS Protection is offered in two available SKUs: DDoS IP Protection Preview and DDoS Network Protection - both of which are paid.

So what happened to the free Basic SKU we had earlier?

And if it still exists, what are the features of this 'free' SKU, vs the other 2 paid SKUs?

Thank you,

SK

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ShimKwan (Brass Contributor)
Solution
they have taken out now they have two new SKU compared to basic and standard. I am sure you will be asked to upgrade either to new sku or else those services will be disabled. It happened with my account earlier for the services where they have changed the SKU and Pricing .
Azure Advisor will also provide you suggestion over a period of time
Please "Accept as Answer" if it helped so it can help others in community looking for help on similar topics.
So what I am hearing is that "by default, the Azure environment is NOT protected by any DDOS protection technology, and we have to pay for it now, as per pricing link" https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/ddos-protection/
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ShimKwan (Brass Contributor)
Solution
they have taken out now they have two new SKU compared to basic and standard. I am sure you will be asked to upgrade either to new sku or else those services will be disabled. It happened with my account earlier for the services where they have changed the SKU and Pricing .
Azure Advisor will also provide you suggestion over a period of time
Please "Accept as Answer" if it helped so it can help others in community looking for help on similar topics.

View solution in original post