PowerApp URL parameter does not refresh in app

Copper Contributor

Hey guys,

I have an app which utilizes a URL parameter in order to allow pictures to be send to the correct SharePoint library folder. 

In short, when a project folder is created within a specific document library on the SharePoint, the PM receives a notification with a link to app. At the end of the URL I have &PID="xxxxx". I've adjusted the app to work if it's not open through a notification URL, however when a user opens a URL with a diffrent PID value and did not close the app fully the last time they used it, it keeps the old parameter value in the app. That results in pictures being uploaded in the wrong folder.

I've searched the web for soblutions to this but was unable to find one.

Does anybody happen to know how to fix this as it's the only details that stands between us having an app that works perfectly for us?

5 Replies

@ypetrov123 did you ever figure this out?  I'm dealing with the same issue and so far haven't found a workaround.

Hi, @ypetrov123 If the URL parameter in your PowerApp is not refreshing within the app, you can try the following steps: Check the parameter configuration. Verify the source of the URL parameter. Test in different environments. Clear the browser cache. Publish the app after making changes. Review app logic and dependencies. If the issue persists, provide more details for further assistance.

@ypetrov123 @cmenegay Is this issue for application on desktop/web or for mobile/phone application?

Can you show us how you are fetching and storing the URL parameter value in variables in application (formula/screenshot will help)?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

This is the iOS app I'm testing with.  It works fine in a browser since it seems to treat that as a new launch each time.  Seems to be a shortcoming in Power Apps that likely needs to be fixed.  

I'm just using Set(eventId,Param("eventId"));  

And like I mentioned, it works fine in a browser, and works fine in iOS if the app isn't already running.   If you exit the app then use the URL, it works as well.  Just doesn't work if the app is loaded and running on the device.

@cmenegay Looks like issue at Microsoft end for mobile device applications. 

You can raise support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this issue: Power Platform - Get Help + Support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.