How to skip opening Run Flow Panel in SPO when running for selected item?

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

I need help for this,

I have created button in Sharepoint Online list that runs flow for corresponding item and I would like it to be more user friendly and skip all the Run Flow Panel confirmation to really run flow and so on. It takes time to appear and load so it would be much better to simply run the flow instantly after clicking the button.

4 Replies

@fgonzalez515 

To skip the "Run Flow" panel in SharePoint Online and run the flow instantly when clicking the button for a selected item, you can use the "Start a Flow" REST API directly. Here's how you can achieve this:

1. Open the SharePoint Online list where you have created the button to run the flow.
  2. Edit the page and edit the button configuration.
  3. In the button configuration, set the "OnSelect" property to the following formula:

Launch("https://<your-tenant>.sharepoint.com/sites/<site>/_layouts/15/IniWrkflIP.aspx?List=<list-id>&ID=" & ThisItem.ID & "&TemplateID=<flow-template-id>&Source=https%3A%2F%2F<your-tenant>.sharepoint.com%2Fsites%2F<site>%2FLists%2F<list-name>%2FAllItems.aspx")

Replace the following placeholders in the formula:

• <your-tenant>: Replace this with your SharePoint Online tenant name.
  • <site>: Replace this with the name of the site where the list is located.
  • <list-id>: Replace this with the ID of the SharePoint list.
  • <flow-template-id>: Replace this with the ID of the flow template you want to run.
  • <list-name>: Replace this with the name of the SharePoint list.
  1. Save the changes and exit the page editing mode.

Now, when you click the button for a selected item, it will directly trigger the flow without showing the "Run Flow" panel or any additional confirmation. The flow will run instantly, improving the user experience by skipping the loading time of the "Run Flow" panel.

Hi @NikolinoDE 

Thanks for your answer.

In this Json it is possible to add the option that you recommended?

fgonzalez515_0-1684158820400.png

@NikolinoDE 

I trying to do the same here, but edit button in a List? Sorry for the laziness, but i cant find it...

@fgonzalez515, did you find a solution?

@jpdosher @fgonzalez515 It is not possible using SharePoint JSON formatting. You cannot add Launch function using JSON formatting in SharePoint.

Also, I don't think there is any way to skip opening Run Flow Panel in SharePoint while using JSON formatting.

You can try below approach but it will be too much work for such simple and out of the box functionality (or you can live with the default run flow panel):

1. Create a SPFx list view command set extension
  2. Trigger flow from SPFx extension 

You will need coding experience for this approach.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.