SOLVED

Shared Office Calendars randomly wiped

Copper Contributor

How would I go about troubleshooting a set of shared calendars (Office 365 Business) that suddenly had their contents wiped.  Calendars still exist - but the contents of one calendar is suddenly empty and the contents of another have all the titles wiped and the times left behind.  No Details.

If you have a step by step troubleshooting method or can reference one for me - It would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

Hi - is anyone syncing to an iphone or android app ? I had similar symptoms more than a year ago and traced it to a user not understanding the effect of deleting shared items from their phone.

That's a great question I hadn't thought of that - Will find out. Thanks for reaching out!
best response confirmed by Justin Cohen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Yeah, definitely check for any mobile devices involved. And enable auditing on the shared mailboxes, so you have a proper audit trail the next time this happens.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Justin Cohen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Yeah, definitely check for any mobile devices involved. And enable auditing on the shared mailboxes, so you have a proper audit trail the next time this happens.

View solution in original post