Segoe UI Font Support for Mac

Iron Contributor

The Segoe UI font family is the official font for Microsoft and is used throughout Office 365 (including SharePoint). The font is included with all Windows and Office 365 installs for PCs; however, it is not included in Office 365 for Mac installs. Can someone confirm this? I can't understand why it would not be included since it makes it difficult to use as a standard font since it isn't supported on Macs. Any suggestions? I feel like it should be included with Office 365 for Mac.

I also can't find a place to download the font for Macs. It just sends me in an endless loop when you search for the font online. Any suggestions?

5 Replies

Plus 1 for this. I use Office for Mac with Helvetica Neue, which gets converted to what looks like Times New Roman when my enterprise colleagues read my emails. I'd love some consistency across platforms by sticking with Segoe UI.

I'm also missing Segoe UI font... Not happy about it.

This font has been standard for years in Office 365 for Windows but is missing in the Office 365 for Mac version. There have been many complaints to the Office forums but nada.
Also, it seems it seems impossible to download and install using Font Book in macos.
Anyone got a workaround short of using Office 365 for Windows because I REALLY need this exact font for customers' documents?

It would be ideal if it just came installed with Office on Macs. But in the meantime as a temporary solution, I found you can download and install the Segoe fonts on Microsoft’s fabric website below:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric#/resources

But, make sure you check the font license agreements.
Nice find.