"Immortal" Hyperlink warning for links starting with "onenote:" placed in shortcuts on my Desktop

Copper Contributor

Hi!

For optimalisation reasons I generated and copied links to particular OneNote 2016 pages (Office 365 - Win7 64bit), which I use frequently.

They are in the format "onenote:<NAME OF PAGE>plenty of random hash numbers<location on hard drive>".

I put them on my HDD (desktop) in new shortcut files, and assigned a hotkey to each as is standard Windows feature.

This works just as designed, except for a major obstacle: each time I use the link (any which way I use it, by hotkey or clicking or etc), I get an MS Office OneNote Security Warning "Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern / Hyperlinks can be harmful...", which I need to click yes to.

Of course the whole point of the shortcut was to have immediate access to the page, not having to click the popup away.

I tried to look for the "Check Microsoft Office documents that are from or link to suspicious Web sites." option in OneNote TrustCenter - there isn't anything remotely similar in mine.

I tried the registry option of DisableHyperlinkWarning 1, in fact I already had that, in Common\Security for Office "16.0".

Also tried new key (not dword, as per instruction) "onenote:" in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Security\Trusted Protocols\All Applications

I pretty much ran out of options, but the productivity gain I would have from getting rid of this silly popup is worth me keep trying.

Would be really grateful for a fix.

0 Replies