Bridge to Cloud 2 Promo

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone , We have a few cases where our CSP team allowed a customer to purchase the Bridge to Cloud 2 promo outside of a customer's EP renewal window as per the promos terms (ex. we allowed a customer to start the B2C2 promo 8 months after their EP renewal date) and we're trying to understand the EP costs ramifications of this come the last year of the promotion for these clients. Has anyone else had a situation where a customer's CSP promo purchase terms end date doesn't align with the EP renewals dates? If so, what's your understanding of how Microsoft will handle the last year's EP renewal when we won't have a screenshot showing a Bridge to cloud purchase with equivalent or greater value to cover the EP costs? We're concerned that we will get billed for the customer's EP for the last year and do not understand if we can let it lapse or not without penalties. Can anyone share their understanding in this case? Thank you in advance for any help or insight.

2 Replies

@MaryAnnBDOLixar 

Hello Everyone , We have a few cases where our CSP team allowed a customer to purchase the Bridge to Cloud 2 promo outside of a customer's EP renewal window as per the promos terms (ex. we allowed a customer to start the B2C2 promo 8 months after their EP renewal date) and we're trying to understand the EP costs ramifications of this come the last year of the promotion for these clients. Has anyone else had a situation where a customer's CSP promo purchase terms end date doesn't align with the EP renewals dates? 

If I understand correctly, the Bridge to Cloud 2 ( aka BTTC2) FAQ addresses scenarios where the EP renewal date does not align w/the promotion:

LicensingConcierge1_0-1714156459889.png

If so, what's your understanding of how Microsoft will handle the last year's EP renewal when we won't have a screenshot showing a Bridge to cloud purchase with equivalent or greater value to cover the EP costs? We're concerned that we will get billed for the customer's EP for the last year and do not understand if we can let it lapse or not without penalties.

Per the BTTC2 deck (found in Partner Center), at each EP anniversary during the 3yr term, Operations will review to ensure that the customer continues to meet the minimum licensing requirement and will then renew the $0 EP for the forthcoming year.

I don't want to provide you with the wrong answer for your customized scenario. Therefore, if you've reviewed the BTTC2 FAQ (found in Partner Center & attached for your convenience) as well as the BTTC2 deck (in Partner Center) and did not find the answer, you'll need to contact the team that approved your exception, which I'm assuming was your local ROC (aka MBSOrders)?  

If this reply answers your question, please Accept as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Otherwise, if after reviewing the information you have additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Microsoft CSP Licensing Concierge

Thank you! Much appreciated. :)