Feature request: plan my day the night before

Iron Contributor
It would be great if you could plan your tasks for the following day. This is a great way to finish a working day, setting aside what to start or continue with in the next morning so you can forget about it until then.
70 Replies

+1 here...I've gone the route of creating a list dated the next day and moving my unfinished tasks over to that list and then adding them all back into my day the next morning. This helps me feel like I'm getting them off my plate but not forgetting about them the next day but a feature that would automatically roll-over previous "my day" tasks that were not accomplished over to the next day would be amazing!  @Boulezianpeach 

Will this become a feature soon?
Still waiting for it - would be a great feature for the app!
Any update on this? This is a much needed feature.
I too would like this feature. Sadly, I moved to another app because the feature is currently not available. I like the simplicity of ToDo and its features/integrations with Outlook, etc. That said, I plan to move back... once I can start planning My Day the night before.
Hi,

This feature was requested 2 years back. What is the progress on this.
I have started using Microsoft To do more recently as all the other features are matured and useful.
Surprised how come this feature was not there in first release itself. Any time management tutorial or session is not over without this tip about plan your next days task earlier night. To do being leading app in this space this ought to be there.

Another feature which will be useful if I can only view all my tasks and my meetings from Outlook then that will give a clear view about how my real My Day will look like.

Thanks
Manish
+1 for this feature!!

@LisetV +1 for this feature!!

+1 pleeeeeeease prety please with suger on top!
+1 This feature would improve my productivity with Microsoft To Do tremendously!
I plan my day the night before. I just click on Remind me o Due Date and select Tomorrow for each task I want to do tomorrow. The tasks will appear in Planned smart view as Tomorrow immediately. The next morning, they will appear in Suggestions at top or as recently added. This was probably not available before 2021.
Thanks, that works. Yeah, then click "Add to my day" in Suggestions.

Still it's an egregious oversight to not be able to plan tomorrow the night before. That's planning 101: Don't plan in the morning; plan the night before so you hit the day running.
It's remarkable that they have not acknowledged or addressed this.
* What alternatives are you all migrating to that you like better?
Im not a big proponent of using the due date to schedule work for the next day. Often I have things that are not due for a week, but I want to start to work on them now, If I add tomorrow's due date so I can easily pick them for "My Day" then I lose sight of the actual due date.
It would be a great feature to have your unfinished items in "My Day" automatically roll over to the next day and items that are truly due the next day, be automatically added.
It would also be a really nice feature to have a start day, just like outlook tasks used to have. As well as a priority - Important is just not enough. And a status where you can decide the verbiage would be great - such as waiting on someone, etc.

I just signed up here to add my "+1".
Pleas add this feautres, this app confvinced me to try out the whole MS EcoSystem.

I'd like To-Do to send me a reminder each evening to plan my day for tomorrow, then allow me to select which tasks to carry over from the previous My Day. Some tasks I wouldn't want to automatically carry over. For example, if I have tasks that repeat daily (e.g. daily habit tracking tasks), I don't want the ones I missed from yesterday to be carried over automatically because then I'd have duplicate tasks. Another example is tasks that had a hard deadline for yesterday that by definition wouldn't be relevant today.
If you follow any GTD philosophy you would find that just about every one recommends putting your plans in place the night before for the following day. This seems like a no-brainer and a very simple programming option. After 2 years, I do not know why Microsoft has not done anything yet.
Any progress on this one? Seems like2 years is a long time to discuss something as simple as this.