Feature request: plan my day the night before

Iron Contributor
It would be great if you could plan your tasks for the following day. This is a great way to finish a working day, setting aside what to start or continue with in the next morning so you can forget about it until then.
70 Replies
Thanks BBujak.

Wow almost three and a half years later and nothing. Guess it's time to ask for recommendations on a better To Do program. Pity Wunderlist sold it.  @Boulezianpeach 

Yes, yes, yes!!! I need this too. Microsoft, please roll out this feature soon. I lose time every morning trying to recreate what I already decided I needed to work on that day the day before. Please, please, please create this feature.

Everyone..

Be sure to click the link I posted above to vote for this feature. That site is the one used to determine new features. I don't believe they scour through these threads.

@Boulezianpeach 

This would be a nice feature to have!

I fixed it for now with Microsoft Power Automate (web-version) in four easy steps:

1. A trigger for new ToDos in my list "Tomorrow"

2. Get a future time (now+24h) to get date of tomorrow

3. Select the current ToDo

4. Update the selected ToDo-task with due date

This make all new ToDos added in list "Tomorrow" automaticly (in a minute or two) get the date of the next day, and the move to ToDay the next day.

In Swedish the 4 steps looks like this (listname in swedish is "I morgon"): 

ehrenberg155_0-1671366353656.png

My Day is a specific bucket separate from due date, and there needs to be another bucket for My Tomorrow. Items with due date matching today will auto-populate My Day (I think this is being done/has already been done) and so items with due-date matching today + 1 are to auto-populate Tomorrow. Might need a configurable setting to divide days (eg default midnight) to allow for shift working, because a 'day' might not mean the same thing to everyone - but that is, I suppose, a separate request.
I support this feature inclusion as well. This is one of the #1 executive coaching methods is planning your day ahead to support clear head space for the night into the next morning.

@Boulezianpeach 

There is 7 requests for this feature, all have the same requirement, slightly different way of asking for it. But same subject / feature at the bottom of it.

If Microsoft combined these into one - the number of views, likes and replies would add up to a very high number of votes.

1) this one Feature request: plan my day the night before - Microsoft Community Hub

2)My Tommorrow - Microsoft Community Hub

3)Feature request: Add to My Day (Tomorrow) - Microsoft Community Hub

4)Completing an old daily recurring todo -- I want to advance due date to tomorrow - Microsoft Communi...

5)Create a 'My week' just like 'My day' - Microsoft Community Hub

6)To Do Tomorrow / This week / Next week - Microsoft Community Hub

7)To do app "My day" - Microsoft Community Hub

These are all requests from people who are struggling to be able to forward plan with To-Do & Planner software system

@SPRex 

Yes, how do we get Microsoft to combine all of these into one feature request? I hope they build and release this feature soon. It should be a fairly easy feature to add. It would make my life so much easier!   

@sunnygirl1685 up! Still waiting for it