SOLVED

Weird exchange string when co-workers book an appointment with the bookings app from teams

Brass Contributor

Hey Tech Community,

We noticed that when some co-workers book an appointment via the bookings app, their profile doesn't show up right. Usually we get their names, phone number and everything else that's in their AzureAD profile. However, some users don't appear right. They put their e-mail in correctly but the bookings app just gives this weird string. 

/o=ExchangeLabs/ou=ExchangeAdministrativeGroup(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user903b863c

Everything seems to still work so far so this is not really concerning. I was just wondering what that could be and why it only happens on some users.

All users are correctly registered in AzureAD so I don't know what could've caused this issue. Sometimes they show up correctly when they rebook. It's just weird to me and I've never seen such a string.

Will put screenshots to better explain once my co-worker is able to send me some.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by sntruisi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @sntruisi,

the string you're observing is a LegacyExchangeDN attribute used in Microsoft Exchange environments for unique identification within the organization.

It plays a role in various Exchange scenarios such as message transport and mailbox moves.

Breaking down the string /o=ExchangeLabs/ou=ExchangeAdministrativeGroup(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user903b863c:

• /o=ExchangeLabs: Represents the organization name.
  • /ou=ExchangeAdministrativeGroup(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT): Signifies the Organizational Unit.
  • /cn=Recipients: Denotes the container name for recipients.
  • /cn=user903b863c: Represents the Common Name of the user.

To address your issue, check if Microsoft Bookings is enabled (checked) in the Microsoft 365 admin center. 

Error message with Bookings app - Microsoft Community

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Thanks for clearing things up for me @LeonPavesic. Will definetly check if the users have had bookings disabled.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sntruisi (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @sntruisi,

the string you're observing is a LegacyExchangeDN attribute used in Microsoft Exchange environments for unique identification within the organization.

It plays a role in various Exchange scenarios such as message transport and mailbox moves.

Breaking down the string /o=ExchangeLabs/ou=ExchangeAdministrativeGroup(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user903b863c:

• /o=ExchangeLabs: Represents the organization name.
  • /ou=ExchangeAdministrativeGroup(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT): Signifies the Organizational Unit.
  • /cn=Recipients: Denotes the container name for recipients.
  • /cn=user903b863c: Represents the Common Name of the user.

To address your issue, check if Microsoft Bookings is enabled (checked) in the Microsoft 365 admin center. 

Error message with Bookings app - Microsoft Community

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post