We can't get your files - new Teams

Copper Contributor

Created a few teams on Fri 19 July.  Initially got the message around "we're setting up your files" as usual which normally takes a few minutes.   Nothing changed until today and now getting message saying

"We can't get your files. We're working on getting them back."

What's going on here?  Assume some link to sharepoint/onedrive isn't working but not sure why

Separate issue that each time you create a Team it also adds it as a workspace in Power BI (even if one already exists).   As I now have some teams and workspaces named the same thing could that be causing issues?   Our aim is just to use teams as much as possible as a single resource to share conversation and files etc but seems thwarted by every attempt.  thanks

21 Replies

@CinnamonResidence you should be able to get to the SharePoint side from the following URL: https://<tenantname>.sharepoint.com/sites/<TeamsSiteName> or at least I am guessing that is the same format for everyone as we only have a single tenant. Also, you can go to the Office portal and go to SharePoint and search for your Teams site by name. 

@matthewharrop I ran into this issue today for the first time.  I created a new team to replace an old SharePoint site with custom content for a O365 group.  I waited some time before searching here for a resolution...or the lack of a resolution.  I think my issue was that Teams was trying to create a SharePoint site with the same name as the existing SharePoint site.  I created a new replacement Team with a slightly different name and it's SharePoint site was "instantly" available. 

After about 2 hours, the other SharePoint site was created also, but the site name had a "402" appended.  So, it does appear that teams can handle the case where the SharePoint site already exists, but not quickly. It would have been nice for the team creation to suggest using the O365 group to create the team when the conflict was detected.  

I deleted both new teams and then created a new team from the O365 group.  This process only took a few seconds.  Now I have a new team with the customized SharePoint content of the old group.