Unable to Use New Teams Meeting in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Until recently I was able to set up a Teams Meeting through the Add-In in Outlook. For the last few weeks when I attempt to do this the following error pops up: 'Sorry, but we can't connect to the server right now. Please try again later.'

Does anybody know how to correct this and re-use Outlook to set up Teams meetings again?

Many Thank

28 Replies
Thanks. Multiple calendars was the problem with my user having the issue.

@Bob040 Thanks this worked.

You'd be the owner of one of the Teams groups to be able to create scheduled invitations that group.

@Andi_9949 Please try to re-enable the teams add-in. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the site below.

https://tecnologiaactualizar.co.in/index.php/2021/03/21/unable-to-access-teams-add-in/

If already done please clear the old add-in and completely uninstall teams (also clear the registry) then reinstall and try once.

It's not a real solution. If a free user, you can use the teams with no problem. But if you are a licenced 365 user, teams force to you to use exchange. But if you use another mail server for example yandex, teams search for exchange calender and server. Issue is that... no solution from Microsoft.
I had this issue - it turned out the problem was that i was trying to create a teams meeting through someone else’s calendar that i have access to. It has to come from your own calendar.
PERFECT - THIS IS THE ANSWER!

@Andi_9949 I found a solution that worked for me. You will just need to be sure you can restore a removed add-in.

Within Outlook, I went to File > Options > Add-ins, and then located the Teams add-in. Select it and hit "remove."

You will then have to re-add the Teams add-in. In my office, we have a handy batch file for configuring the Teams add-in, so I closed Outlook, and with Teams open, I ran the batch file and restored the Teams add-in for Outlook. Once I reopened Outlook, I was able to add Teams details to invitations sent from the troublesome calendars.

It is possible to download the MS Teams add-in if you're not limited by administrator permissions (which I am, so again, I was grateful for the batch file). You might need IT to help if there are administrator permissions in the way.

I hope this helps someone!