Troubles with calling from contact list

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

Anyone else experiencing troubles when calling from your contactlist/people with the new Teams?

In the public release version an outgoing call made from the contactlist/people by clicking on the phone or number will result in two windows?

In the public preview version an outgoing call made from the contactlist/people by clicking on the phone or number will result that the microphone is muted and you are only able to unmute when the connection is made?

You have Microsoft Teams version 23306.3315.2560.6525.

You've got the latest version. It was last updated on 11/12/2023.

The client version is 49/23110231810

Can't find anything like this on a know issues list.

Kind regards,

Benjamin van der Leeden

4 Replies

Hello@BvdL79 

welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Recep I'll be happy to help you today.

I understand that outgoing call made from the contactlist/people by clicking on the phone or number  result in two windows

it sounds as if you've got the new default settings for the "new meeting experience" which is explained more in detail here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-a-preview-of-new-meeting-features-04533e91-3203-4530-...

You can disable the new meeting experience and revert with the behavior.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

@Deleted 

Hi Recep! Thanks for your answer, but the link you gave gives me a "Sorry page not found". And Googling it does not give me a correct page.

But looking in my settings, I have not the option to to disable/enable the new meeting experience.

Kind regards,

Benjamin

Hello@BvdL79 

Sincere apologies for sharing a wrong link.

Kindly go through the link below
New Meeting and Calling Experience in Microsoft Teams! - Microsoft Community Hub

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Thanks, that one works!

But it is not a fix for the issue. In the New Teams there is no such option.

Think it is a little bug in the New Teams People app.