Teams Meeting Room Calendar - Fetch time taking too long

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Just wondering if there's any way to change the time in which the Teams Room System checks the calendar for updates?

We're having a few issues where they send a calendar invite, then go to the meeting room to begin the Teams call only to then notice that they've forgotten to add the Teams link within the invite. They franticly run to their desk, update the invite and send it off.

Most times it happens within 3-4 minutes, but we've seen it take as long as 15 minutes in the past.

Does anyone have the same problem?

6 Replies
I have seen this, but unfortunately there is not a way to control the polling period in which the MTR checks the calendar of the room account. Out of curiosity, is this a MTR for Android or Windows?
Strange. I typically see longer polling intervals on the MTRs for Android and not so much on the MTRs for Windows.
Another way around this might be to make online meetings the default with the Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration cmdlet. We implemented that in our org and it helped a lot.

@Paul Maranzano > Yes we also see this with our MTR for Windows devices. It's such a simple thing but really annoys users and often ruins their experience as they just end up using their personal device to make the call instead.

What you could do is use Proximity Join rather than using the personal device. Just add the room to the call. I've noticed on one OEM for MTRoA, you can swipe down where the calendar should be, and it does a refresh. Hope that will come to Windows.