Teams Chat To Planner Automation

Brass Contributor

Hey Microsoft Teams fam! Got what's hopefully a really useful Microsoft Teams hack for you involving Planner too.

Ever get bombarded with tasks during a Teams meetings or group chats with your staff? or, perhaps you actually have tasks for others to do and no one (including you!) has got round to typing them all into Planner? Yeah, me too!

Check out a Teams Chat to Planner automation I've created.:party_popper: It grabs your messages and turns them into Planner tasks. For example, let's say you've asked the team to "create a marketing budget" on the group chat. Simply add in "TODO" to turn it into "create a marketing budget TODO". That will automatically add it to Planner whilst you continue the conversation in Teams.

I've hosted the step by step on my site, no sign up needed and of course free. Just embedded instead of a PDF i can share here. Please like if found it useful and always open to suggestions to improve in the future.

https://www.nomorebadmondays.com/chattoplanner 

Aware Automate has a TODO template for creating Planner tasks from group channels, but that will have you bouncing between channels instead of simply getting on with that meeting/chat and knowing Planner is updating. It also doesn't link to any sort of chat.

0 Replies