Organizer / Presenter stuck in meeting

Brass Contributor

I've seen a few other posts about this happening to others, but no solution was provided. It seems to be a bit of a flukey thing, but we still would like some type of fix, if it's available.

A Teams meeting was created in Outlook. Someone (we'll call him Alex) created a Teams meeting for their manager (we'll call her Heather). So, Alex was in Heather's Outlook calendar and created the Teams meeting on Heather's behalf. Heather is the organizer/presenter of the meeting.

In the meeting Heather is presenting and running into problems, so she clicks the Leave button, but the attendees could still see and hear Heather and Heather could still hear the attendees, even though her Teams meeting window closed and was gone.

Ultimately, the only way Heather could get out of the meeting was to do a hard reboot of her machine.

I've read of other people getting "stuck" in this same manner and they also couldn't do anything but reboot. Ending the task in Task Manager didn't work. Someone even uninstalled and reinstalled Teams and the problem still arises.

Any ideas? The only thing we have in our back pocket to try if it happens again, is this suggestion of clearing the app cache from an "independent advisor" circa 2021:
1. Quit Microsoft Teams.
2. Delete files in the following folder path.
“~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/
3. Restart Microsoft Teams.

1 Reply
I had sometimes the same problem. Looks like a driver problem of my notebook with my current headset and was fixed by update the firmware of my headset.
My workaround was to join the meeting by my mobile instead and reboot the client.