SOLVED

Odd Teams behavior on startup

Copper Contributor

On a laptop where Windows 11 was newly installed (cleaned machine & reinstalled) we now have a weird behaviour on startup.

Once the machine reboots and logs in Teams will startup and state 'You are missing out, etc' so it looks like it's doing a login based on Business Teams (the MS account actually has a personal account and a work/school account - why the latter exists we do not know). So we close that window, open up Teams via the start menu and it logs in no issue as if it is now in the personal edition.

Anyone see that before and what can I do to get rid of that behaviour? We really don't need that work account but getting rid of it and keeping the personal one seems to be complicated.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Do you have the same email on the personal as the business account? If so please change the personal mail to something else. It will confilict the accounts not only in teams but also OneDrive

@paul keijzers yes it's same email on both accounts. I will need to see if i can modify that. What I really need is to eliminate the work/school one that was made somehow and is causing complications.

Exactly It is one of the 2 accounts you will need to redo possibly make the login name a different login name on the profile.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Do you have the same email on the personal as the business account? If so please change the personal mail to something else. It will confilict the accounts not only in teams but also OneDrive

View solution in original post