SOLVED

Not able to see Background Effects in Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello Fellas,

Have been struggling from last few days, trying to find solution for problem in finding the option of Change Background while in the call. I have uninstalled desktop app, reinstalled latest version. It is not even creating the folder in the apps data. Can some one help. I am on (You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 5/1/20), with Windws 10 on Lenova Yoga Book. tea

62 Replies

@FranciscoLopez 

I am not too sure that it is the laptop.

sometimes I have background effects and sometimes not. so my guess there is an issue with teams itself

so if anyone has an idea about intermittent access to why the list of background images is only sometimes blank with no option to add, add I would love to know.

i am not able to do change background i have just do login in :sad:

We can not se only windows 7 we can see windows 10 team backgrounds

@Anubhav1270  Just get the newer version of Teams. 

@Drlangawi Hello! The issue is that your using the older version of Teams. Update Teams and it will work fine.

well its a F shame because i can use a background on ZOOM from the same laptop. 

for everyone else dont buy Microsoft Surface 3 as you wont be able to do anything on it including a use of background as mentioned above process is not a good one.

its a Horrible product! with an awful operating system.

use of background does not need AVX process as i can use a background on zoom from the same pc. its just microsoft which couldnt make an app that would actually work when you need it.

i have settings background effect but it is not working when i am click apply it is not showing background effect >when i am opening an meeting in first page there is no option for show background effect what to do????

i cannot understand from this sentence

Worked and then disappeared clicking 3 dots on own video and switch camera then back to original suddenly effects appear. Nothing to do with sw version or drivers just buggy software

whynl dont see background in microsoft need help plase lm a kid lm 11years old

@sameershafi Would you mind telling me how to Remove my webcam from device manager and re-install it. Thankyou!

I've read page after page of people all explaining that all anyone needs to do is run Teams, the click on the three dots and pick a background effect.  I suppose this is the proper information to give someone who has never seen a computer before or someone who has an IQ significantly below room temperature.

Now, how about someone offering a realistic suggestion for those of us who have installed the Teams app on our modern laptop computer (in my case a Dell Inspiron 5593) and have clicked on the three dots and have selected to show the Background Effects only to get an empty panel that offers no choices at all, not even Blur.  I would love to tell you what version of Microsoft Teams I am running but I don't know because even when I can get to the menu that includes About, clicking on About does absolutely nothing - so I don't have any way to display the version, but it is whatever version Microsoft downloaded TODAY when I first had the misfortune to need to join a Team Meeting. According to Control Panel, apparently it is version 1.4.00.2879

For those not familiar with the Dell Inspiron 5593, it runs an Intel i7-1065G7 processor,

I still have problem with my MacBook Pro Year 2018. OS has been updated to lasted version. If the same problem persists since last year, why can't they do something to fix it?

Could you please mention the steps too