MS Teams Free - "Someone has already set up Teams for your organization" how to track down the admin

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have tried to setup free MS Teams but found that someone has already registered it.  No one appears to know who and I see no way of even contacting an admin account to find out.

Surely there must be a way to contact the Owner of a teams domain or seize the domain as I have administrative control over the dns domain and email system.

Apologies if I am missing something obvious!

Kindest regards,

Jason

4 Replies
Someone could have signed up for a trial of some sort! You’d have to contact Microsoft and ask them to remove it
Thanks Adam - I'm not sure where to start with contacting MS, however it does seem crazy that after authenticating a valid account for a domain the team is registered for that you cant even blind request some form of contact with the Teams marked owner...

At least it would confirm that someone had a current valid MS account even if they had forgotten about setting up an MS Team trial etc.
Thanks Rob, I have followed this guide and taken over the 'Work' domain, however this hasn't made any difference to the Free Teams account which appears to be a 'Home?' account setup....