Member cannot access channels unle

Copper Contributor

please, help me this: some site/Team will not allow members to access file until I changed them to Owner. Is there a way to make this work. this is not happening in all the SharePoint Site.

7 Replies
Seems to be a bug flying around. Turn them back to member after being owners. Does that help?

@adam deltinger thank you, good to know this is a bug. i tried it but still not working.

User impact
Users may be unable to open specific files in Microsoft Teams.

Current status: We've identified a potential Application Programming Interface (API) issue between SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams. We're working to disable a recently added feature which may be causing impact. Scope of impact: Impact is limited to users attempting to open Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files within Microsoft Teams.

Next update by: Monday, March 9, 2020, at 7:30 PM UTC

Thank you!

@Jenny8675 I am having trouble accessing documents held in SP from Teams. I am also not able to access some channels as well. Are the two issues related?

@Matthew_W_M are you the owner of the SP site? if not, you might not have permission to view the document?

if you are owner, check the permission and see if the document is not restricted.

@Jenny8675 thank you for the update