How to Assign a "Caller ID Policy" via "group policy assignment" to a security Group

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure out how to assign a "Caller ID policy" to a security group via group assignment.

During the Group Policy assignment it only gives me the option of allow or block calling. (See Screenshot below)

I have been seeing some screenshots that custom caller ID policies are also possible to be assigned...

iammagic_1-1647115293584.png

Any ideas? The Security group (Teams-SG-CallerID-Policies) should not be an issue since it can be selected as in the picture. Any way that I can kinda allow custom policies to be selected?

I have also tried using the following cmd:

New-CsGroupPolicyAssignment but it doesnt contain the Type: "Caller ID Policy":

iammagic_4-1647115606865.png

2 Replies

@iammagic Two things to point out here. starting with, your PowerShell CmdLet is incorrect, you need to use the following CmdLet:

Grant-CsCallingLineIdentity -PolicyName "<Custom Caller ID Policy Name>" ....

second thing here, you can only assign certain MS Teams policies to groups and I don't believe the Caller ID policy is one of them, this is currently a Microsoft limitation but as workaround, you can get the group members into a .csv file, name the column that has their email addresses "UserPrincipalName" , do a foreach and grant the policy to each user using the aforementioned CmdLet.
Your expression should look something like below:

Import-Csv C:\Temp\GroupMembers.csv | % {Grant-CsCallingLineIdentity -Identity $_.UserPrincipalName -PolicyName "<Custom Caller ID Policy Name>"}

@iammagic 

The below should work even though it's not listed in the documentation. It successfully assigns the policy for me based on a security group

New-CsGroupPolicyAssignment -GroupId xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx -PolicyType CallingLineIdentity -PolicyName "CallerIDPolicy" -rank 1