SOLVED

Getting voicemail email but no voicemail to view in teams

Copper Contributor

I have a user who is getting emails on his Outlook account notifying him he has a new voicemail message with stamps (Time, From, Duration, etc), but in his Team's voicemail there isn't any voicemails for him to listen to. He has the ability to receive voicemails and can receive calls inbound/outbound (those are all turned on). Any ideas?

7 Replies
best response confirmed by TYang0000 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @TYang0000 ,

If you're receiving voicemail notification emails but unable to view the voicemails in Microsoft Teams, here are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Voicemail Settings: Ensure that voicemail is properly configured in Microsoft Teams. Go to the user's Teams application and navigate to "Settings" > "Calls" > "Voicemail" to verify that the voicemail settings are correctly set up. Confirm that the user's voicemails are set to appear in the Teams voicemail box.

2. Clear Teams Cache: Clearing the Teams cache can resolve various synchronization issues. Exit Microsoft Teams completely, including closing it from the system tray or task manager. Then, navigate to the following folder path on the user's computer:
- Windows: `%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams`
- Mac: `~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams`
Delete all the files and folders within the Teams folder (excluding the `UserData` folder), and restart Teams. This action will clear the cached data and might help in resolving any syncing issues.

3. Reinstall Teams App: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Teams application can sometimes resolve persistent issues. Completely uninstall Teams from the user's computer, restart the system, and then download and install the latest version of Teams from the official Microsoft website. After reinstalling, check if the voicemail synchronization issue is resolved.

4. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that the user's device has a stable internet connection. Poor network connectivity can cause synchronization issues between Outlook and Teams. Ask the user to check their internet connection and try accessing Teams and Outlook from a different network or device to see if the voicemail discrepancy persists.

5. Verify Email Routing: Double-check the email routing settings to ensure that voicemail notifications are correctly sent to the user's email address associated with their Teams account. If the email routing is incorrect, it might result in notifications being sent to the wrong email account.

You can also explore the link below to troubleshoot further:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/hybrid-phone-system/voicemails-not-d...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

@TYang0000Which license is assigned to the user who is facing this issue?

Thanks for the responses but this was resolved.

@TYang0000Can you please confirm as what steps were taken to resolve the issue?
I'm also facing a similar kind of issue but didn't get a resolution yet.

It was a settings in outlook. In Outlook:
File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Attachment Handling > Uncheck "Turn off Attachment Preview"

@TYang0000 Just want to clarify your issue and the fix.  Looked like your initial issue was that Outlook would notify there was a new voicemail and in Teams there isn't a voicemail to listen to.

The fix that you posted only affects, from my testing, previewing attachments in Outlook but has nothing to do with voicemail in Teams.

"It was a settings in outlook. In Outlook:
File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Attachment Handling > Uncheck "Turn off Attachment Preview"

Perhaps I misunderstood your original issue and you were referring to Outlook completely and not Teams?

The reason I am asking is that I have an issue similar (if I understand it correctly) to what you posted with your original request where a client gets a notification in Teams and Outlook that there was a voicemail.  Outlook has an attached voicemail audio that can be listened to, however, Teams does not have a voicemail audio.

This issue only happens with external callers outside of Teams.

Internal calls in Teams allows the voicemail to be heard in Teams AND also has the Outlook email with the attached voicemail.

I had a similar issue which was resolved by adjusting mailflow rules. You can check the below post for more details:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/visual-voicemail-for-microsoft-teams-shared-d...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TYang0000 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @TYang0000 ,

If you're receiving voicemail notification emails but unable to view the voicemails in Microsoft Teams, here are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Voicemail Settings: Ensure that voicemail is properly configured in Microsoft Teams. Go to the user's Teams application and navigate to "Settings" > "Calls" > "Voicemail" to verify that the voicemail settings are correctly set up. Confirm that the user's voicemails are set to appear in the Teams voicemail box.

2. Clear Teams Cache: Clearing the Teams cache can resolve various synchronization issues. Exit Microsoft Teams completely, including closing it from the system tray or task manager. Then, navigate to the following folder path on the user's computer:
- Windows: `%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams`
- Mac: `~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams`
Delete all the files and folders within the Teams folder (excluding the `UserData` folder), and restart Teams. This action will clear the cached data and might help in resolving any syncing issues.

3. Reinstall Teams App: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Teams application can sometimes resolve persistent issues. Completely uninstall Teams from the user's computer, restart the system, and then download and install the latest version of Teams from the official Microsoft website. After reinstalling, check if the voicemail synchronization issue is resolved.

4. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that the user's device has a stable internet connection. Poor network connectivity can cause synchronization issues between Outlook and Teams. Ask the user to check their internet connection and try accessing Teams and Outlook from a different network or device to see if the voicemail discrepancy persists.

5. Verify Email Routing: Double-check the email routing settings to ensure that voicemail notifications are correctly sent to the user's email address associated with their Teams account. If the email routing is incorrect, it might result in notifications being sent to the wrong email account.

You can also explore the link below to troubleshoot further:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/hybrid-phone-system/voicemails-not-d...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

View solution in original post