SOLVED

'Get Email Address' for Channels disappeared

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am unable to view the 'get email address' feature on some of the recent channels i have created in MS Teams. The feature is available on some of the older channels.

I have attached screenshots. Does anyone know why this is happening?

44 Replies

@Brian_H Thanks. On the free version, I am the admin and it's not an option in settings. Perhaps this is not a feature in free Teams? It definitely doesn't work in my EDU based teams and I assume that is because of the admin controls you referred to.

I'm having this issue as well on teams free. On some teams it appears and on others doesn't. I'm the admin of my organization and can't make sense of this. Does teams free have a limited amount of emails?

So, it appears my Team just hit a glitch while it was being created. I was not able to upload a Team picture and some other minor errors in addition. I set up a new team on a browser, essentially copying everything I could from the dysfunctional one. After about 10 minutes the "Get email address for this channel" option appeared and I was able to upload a video. Hallelujah!

After I added a new channel to a team the  "Get email address" magically appeared on all channels what were missing the "Get email address". 

@tfosc80 - thanks for the suggestion - this also worked for me.