Dreaded one way audio, teams lag issues!

Copper Contributor

Anyone else suffering from a recent degradation in teams voice? We thought we’d gotten over our issues with horrendous lag, one way audio, ‘robot voice’ but recently teams across our organisation have had some pretty terrible experiences with teams calls both inbound and outbound.

A strange ‘static’ underlying on certain calls, a crackling on the line, one way audio, a 10-15 lag before the call is connected after answering. 

what is going on? We’ve done all sorts, moved to a different and new VLAN. Set EEE, green Ethernet etc to off, removed dell optimiser, dell supportassist, made sure all firmware is upto date on our yealink MP50’s and WH66 and WH62’s. We’ve tried wifi only, lan. I’ve run diagnostics on the calls, not seeing anything like jitter, round trip time issues.

its getting to the ‘at a standstill’ time. 
I am seriously hating on teams all over again at the moment because we just simply can’t fix the issues which are being reported daily it seems. 

has anyone had a eureka moment? Happy to try any suggestions. 

we were also going to try to add and implement a daily cache clear to our group policy tomorrow to see if that’ll help a bit too. But I feel like we’re compensating for something being fundamentally wrong with teams at the moment. Microsoft don’t want to know, our telephony operator connect provider says their lines are fine. Aaaagh!! Any suggestions always appreciated guys.

2 Replies
How many phones and what is your connectivity?
Do the phones go through any proxy or firewall devices? What other services are between the phones and Microsoft?

@Mikeyp1985 We in the process of cutting over to Teams Calling this weekend. We have experienced the same issue with the one-way lag and disconnect. We are using Operator Connect with Peerless as our SIP. Please keep us posted with any work arounds you find as we do the same. 

Troy