Connecting Teams with Jira Cloud and connecting Jira Cloud with Teams

Brass Contributor

Fairly new to both Teams and Jira Cloud.

I am looking for apps/connectors between Teams and Jira Cloud. Confused by the plethora of options. Let me explain what I am trying to accomplish.

We have a Team in Teams called RTT. There are maybe 10 channels in RTT.

We have Project in Jira called RTT.  We have about 15 people working on this Project.

We store our documentation in Files in the RTT Team.

We run the project in the RTT Project in Jira Cloud. We have about 200 active issues in our project.

We are supposed to write our stories, technical documentation, UI/UX, all that stuff in files in Teams.

We are also supposed to put a link to the documents in the appropriate Jira issue. 

We have a really hard time keeping this straight. 

I think it would be much easier if we could connect our Teams Project with our Jira Project and vice-versa. So I create an office document named "RTT 2000 - A great new feature" and then add it to Teams.

I need to attach this document to the existing Jira issue "RTT 2000 - A great new feature" or maybe I need to create the Jira item and attach my document.

I want to make it as easy as possible to add a Teams document link to a Jira issue, and also if I am in a Jira issue I want it to be as easy as possible to open and edit the document that is linked.

There are SO many plug-ins and apps for Teams, JIRA, Word, Outlook etc. that I cannot determine which one or ones I need.

I would very much appreciate any help or guidance you can give me.

Thanks!

0 Replies