SOLVED

Call queue groups - stop calls coming through when on another call

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help with my scenario - it seems microsoft cant!  I've just migrated a client from S4B with a hosted provider over to Teams in O365.  I've setup a call queue, which rings a group of users (reception staff) simultaneously.  When a call comes in, one of the team will answer, while they are busy, the calls that hit the queue continue to come through to them and the screen pop + the incoming call notification are extremely distracting, even pressing reject on the screen pop it just comes back after a second or so.  

The only suggestion microsoft have been able to offer is for the reception staff to manually change to DND when they accept a call, and then change back to available when the call is complete.

Surely i cant be the only person  that thinks this is a fundamental need for a PBX system? 

21 Replies
Experiencing this issue right now using Landis teams Console. Its frustrating for the receptionists while on a call the phone is not stop ringing. Even with Presence Based Routing on.
With our Call group in SkypeForBusiness, (we just got moved to Teams and a Call Queue), in the past we could go to Windows control panel, Sounds, Sounds tab, and select something like "second incoming call" in the Skype for Business group, and pick "None"/no sound. This was great, because it did not affect first/new calls ringing normally. Any second incoming call to the group would display on screen, but emit no sound if you were already in a call. It would ring for others in group who were not in a call (as normal).
We liked this, especially if we were waiting for someone to call back, etc, or if an especially important person/number was calling. We could still monitor new calls coming in, even if we were in a call. AND We did not have to suffer the 2nd call ringing on our station.

I do not know why this SIMPLE option is not in TEAMS. My understanding is that Microsoft development project TEAM members are not supposed to be any of/from a previous similar product, so there is fresh thinking, however this approach basically lobotomizes the new product development team from all the good aspects developed in the former product. (Window 7 to Windows 8 revamp is a good example). I am not sure if this has changed.
Anyway, it would be great if this solution was possible in the teams environment (not necessarily involving Control Panel/Sounds in Windows), and was accessible to users in Teams Settings, with out need for 365admins (Round-robin, orstatus changing to DND while in calls, not needed).
I hope this helps MS figure this out.