SOLVED

Blast Group Functionality in Business Voice?

Copper Contributor

Hey, 

Our office currently uses Fonality as a VOIP provider and looking to switch to Microsoft Business Voice. I'm trying now to make sure that MBV supports the current call flow we use with Fonality but I don't see anything similar to Fonality's Blast Group.

Our current setup works as follows:

We have three offices with 3 outward facing numbers. When a person calls into the office the reception phone for that office rings for a set period of time. If no one answers it, it forwards the call to a "blast group" which is essentially a list of 8 phone numbers, if no one answers those it goes back to the original Voice Mail. 

Can anyone walk me through or point to a tutorial to setting up similar functionality with Microsoft Business Voice?

Thanks 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You can achieve this by utilizing two Call Queues. For each phone number to be assigned you will need a resource account with the respective DID, then add these resource accounts to the first CQ to receive the incoming calls for all numbers at a central place. Configure the reception as user for the "Call answering" part and define a second CQ with your "blast accounts", then add it in the section "Call timeout handling". In this second CQ, also define a "Call timeout" and send it to a voicemail you select...

HTH
Christian
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You can achieve this by utilizing two Call Queues. For each phone number to be assigned you will need a resource account with the respective DID, then add these resource accounts to the first CQ to receive the incoming calls for all numbers at a central place. Configure the reception as user for the "Call answering" part and define a second CQ with your "blast accounts", then add it in the section "Call timeout handling". In this second CQ, also define a "Call timeout" and send it to a voicemail you select...

HTH
Christian

View solution in original post