Audio Only Recordings

Copper Contributor

Microsoft - there are threads upon threads of people asking for audio only recordings over the last couple years.   We have a teams call every morning for our company providing updates for everyone that a lot of people can't attend, so for about 6 months now, we've been recording that call and storing it on our SharePoint site for other employees to listen to later on throughout the day.  No one shares video, so saving a video recording is a completely waste of space.   

Every day I have to do 1 of 2 things.

1. Sit through the entire meeting with Goldwave to record the call using LOOPBACK Speakers as a recording source, then save the .mp3 once the meeting is over.
  2. Join the meeting from my phone, start the recording, download the recording, strip out the audio and save it to our SharePoint site later when I'm at my desk. 

We want to give our employees an MP3 option to listen to, so unless someone out there has discovered another way to automatically save/convert/whatever the recordings, please let me know!

Can you please listen to the people that have been requesting this feature for years and give us the ability to automatically save an MP3 version of a call - or at least explain to us why you won't do it?

1 Reply

Hello @jadnatski

welcome to the Microsoft community, My name is Recep I'll be happy to help you today.

I understand that you want Microsoft to listen to the people that have been requesting this feature for years and give you the ability to automatically save an MP3 version of a call.

Please note that Microsoft is actively working on this feature but currently there is no ETA as to when this will be implemented.
Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this must have caused you.

For product feedback, kindly use this link to drop your feedback about this product: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/ad198462-1c1c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472

Also, providing you with the Microsoft Office 365 Roadmap Link so that you keep yourselves equipped with the newer features and functionalities - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like ‌‌

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)