SOLVED

Allowing cookies in New Teams Website tab

Copper Contributor

In the new teams version website apps do not appear to allow cookies. I also cannot find a setting to allow cookies inside the browser tabs. We have a number of external sites and internal pages I've developed that are used in web browser tabs that no longer function in the new teams because they require cookies.

Is there a way to enable cookies inside teams web tabs?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by PaulHennell (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PaulHennell,

starting April 2024, Microsoft Teams will be retiring the ability to load websites inside the new Teams client when using the Website tab. These website links will open in a new browser tab instead. This is to better align with emerging best practices in web security and privacy while also improving the reliability of websites opened through this feature.

Users will no longer be able to view websites inside the new Teams desktop and web clients when using the Website tab and will instead be opened in a new browser tab.

LeonPavesic_0-1706273874247.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Yes! No more need to support the weird teams browser because my boss likes everything in teams,
I can use proper web stuff again in an actual browser! :raising_hands:
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PaulHennell (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PaulHennell,

starting April 2024, Microsoft Teams will be retiring the ability to load websites inside the new Teams client when using the Website tab. These website links will open in a new browser tab instead. This is to better align with emerging best practices in web security and privacy while also improving the reliability of websites opened through this feature.

Users will no longer be able to view websites inside the new Teams desktop and web clients when using the Website tab and will instead be opened in a new browser tab.

LeonPavesic_0-1706273874247.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post