SOLVED

Add another account list of usernames

Copper Contributor

The list of usernames that appear when clicking on Add another account, where is it coming from? I am trying to delete a previously added account but I am unable to.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by sergeadourian (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @sergeadourian,

In the new Teams, previously logged in accounts are displayed for selection.

you can remove all previously signed-in users by following this (after that, you can sign-in with your user once again):
- to remove these entries from the cache, you need to delete the following folders:

%LocalAppData%\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneAuth
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TokenBroker
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\IdentityCache

you can use Windows + R or Run from the Windows menu to open the folder.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

Hi @LeonPavesic ,

It solved my problem but I ran into some minor issues when deleting the mentioned folders. Some had busy files that could not be deleted. After I deleted the folders I re-opened Teams and there were no visible accounts to pick from, I entered my sign-in username, it signed me in but I ran into an error even after it had opened Teams successfully. I tried a number of times, always an error and shutting Teams.

I ended up restarting my Windows, and retried signing in and it was successful, no error.

You solved my problem, however I am not sure if we deleted any extra folders to get the job done.

Thank you for your help.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sergeadourian (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @sergeadourian,

In the new Teams, previously logged in accounts are displayed for selection.

you can remove all previously signed-in users by following this (after that, you can sign-in with your user once again):
- to remove these entries from the cache, you need to delete the following folders:

%LocalAppData%\Packages\MSTeams_8wekyb3d8bbwe
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_cw5n1h2txyewy
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneAuth
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TokenBroker
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\IdentityCache

you can use Windows + R or Run from the Windows menu to open the folder.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

View solution in original post