New Teams: New meetings/chats opening on wrong screen

Copper Contributor

With the new Teams version when I join a meeting the window opens on the wrong screen.

Formerly the window opened on the same screen as the main Teams window. Now it opens on the main screen. Since I am running an RDP session on the main screen and the window opens in the background of it, I don't see the window. That makes the new version unusable to me.

The same thing happens to chats when I start a chat out of the new "Persons" app (actually Personen since I am using the German version) that seems to have replaced the old Contacts in the Chat app. That happens even though I have configured all chat windows to open in the main window.

Please fix before you force this on everyone. (I hope someone from Microsoft is listening here. The "Share your feedback" button unfortunately doesn't work, it links to a site that says "Service unavailable".)

8 Replies
Same issue for me.

Same issue for me.  I consider it a intelectual property issue if you are sharing a screen and a chat pops up in the wrong window you may be providing information on your screen you don't want others to see.  The old Teams automatically opened chats and meetings in the same screen as the Teams app was operating.  The new Teams opens new chats and meetings in the main screen, not monitor 2 or 3.  How can we adjust the settings to resolve this?

@WolfgangKiendl Yeah.... Same for me on my MacBook. Really, that new Teams on Mac is a disaster and since today it starts to be more aggressive to switch. Pff... Please fix this Microsoft!

This morning I was FORCED to update to the 'new Teams' version, and I too am having trouble that it opens on the wrong monitor.
The 'classic' Teams correctly remembered I use Teams on another monitor (not my primary).

Solution:

New Teams should REMEMBER the position of all the windows (in my case the audio/video call window).

Same issue for me.
I have this issue, too. Clicking any 'join meeting' button results in new window popping on laptop monitor while Teams app is displayed on second monitor. This doesn't happen with Outlook.
Actually, a temporary fix is that you can go back to the 'classic' Teams. I fear the day they disable this possibility.

@Sander__Bouwhuis 

Yeah.... I keep on going back to the old Teams until this has been fixed. So annoying!