Camera not working in New Teams Public Preview

Brass Contributor

Anyone else having camera issues today?  My camera worked yesterday and with the update this morning it doesn't work anymore.  My camera works in the old versions of Teams, in the web version of Teams, and in all other applications but when I join a meeting in New Teams Public Preview the camera is blank and does not turn on.

Version

You have Microsoft Teams version 23104.900.2020.2949.
You've got the latest version. It was last updated on 4/24/2023.
The client version is 49/23040901300.
34 Replies
I am now able to see the preview of my camera when I go into Background effects. Although this was probably always a way to see the camera preview. I just got so used to seeing the preview when hovering over the Camera on the top bar.
Now September 21, 2023 and cameras still are not working in New Teams. All I get is a frozen video after joining. Old Teams works fine as always. Can believe its still not fixed after all these months.

@mawag and thats the exact problem i am facing too. workaround is to join the meeting without cam and activate it in the meeting, not in preview.

i was in contact with microsoft, they say my camera is not supported "Logitech Brio 4K". Now i have a "Elgato Facecam Pro" SAME Issue! 

Problem occure only if you join appointment meetings from calendar or reoccuring meetings joining from the chat. it doesn't appear in 1:1 Calls. Can you confirm?!

@smithje3 

I've been having similar camera issues since switching over to new Teams, but not on every PC that I have access to. My suspicion is that the re-write is interfering with USB devices.

One fix that has worked so far: try getting a USB-A to USB-C adapter and connecting your external camera to a USB-C port, if you have one. That solved the issue immediately for two separate devices where external cameras kept dropping out during calls.

Having the exact same issue. The workarounds suggested by others aren't working in my case. This morning Teams indicated that I had to switch using "New Teams" so I did and couldn't see anyone's camera feeds nor could they see mine. Once I killed it and launched old Teams everything worked as expected.
I'm using New Teams Premium Mac OS, I have the same problem. I'm also using Sony Imaging edge connected to a DSLR. I get the Sony preview screen but no picture. Reverting to 'classic' teams and it works fine.
I do have a workaround - install OBS, configure a virtual camera, then select virtual camera in the New Teams and that works!

Great Forum on this issue, no fix since April I see, Awesome!  We have been using the New Teams  forcefully (Thanks Microsoft) for a month now.  Today we received our first report both Logitech External Camera and Lenovo T14s Internal Camera, Teams wont detect, goes black, or video blinks fast and crashes the Teams call the user is on.  Both cameras work fine via the local Camera App.  Switch to old version of Teams, works fine, but is then forced to eventually upgrade through Microsoft anyway.

I am still having this issue. Logitech Brio 4k, Windows 11. I have tried pretty much everything. 

@smithje3 New MS teams needs the access to your camera.

MS Team Camera Issues related to Windows  10 or 11 Education N

Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

Step 1 :  Confirm the camera app from Windows 10/11 is able to start without any issues.

Step 2:  Try to switch your MS teams to old version . Then check ithe camera is working properly.

Step 3:  Get the update of Media Feature Pack for Windows N from the below link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions-c1c6fffa-d0...

Canon EOS Webcam Utility, Mac OS X, same, the camera isn't detected by New Teams, works fine in Classic

Confirmed this is the case with my Brio as well. It's definitely not a compatibility issue as other members of the meeting can see me in the meeting, and prior to connecting to the meeting, I am able to see my image in the preview.

I was able to fix mine after 12 months of pain. It was the NVIDIA Game Overlay! I disabled it and now everything is working perfectly. 

Did you ever figure this out - we have the same issue with a bunch of P14's currently only in new teams classic teams works without issue I do not have teams admin console access so I am unable to verifiy if it's a global setting causing an issue for some models. We've been through various driver versions and attempted many other troubleshooting steps including changing camera settings, resetting teh camera uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing teams cache and other local teams settings and troubleshooting. @Dhall2022 

I also had such issues.

My camera (Sony A7R2) works well in my old teams, which I had installed latest firmware, as well as latest version of Sony's Imaging Edge Desktop software and Imaging Edge Webcam. It works fine in old teams but not in the new version. I'm using Mac OS 14.3.1 (just updated as well). But I found that I need to turn on my Mac's legacy camera support in order to get it right (ref: https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyAlpha/comments/187lu13/fix_sony_imaging_edge_webcam_no_longer_showing_u...). Then, my classic old teams (version 1.6.00.28554, updated on Jan, 2024) is working.

Any help or similar issue?

Thanks,
Sun.

Hi folks,

I think I've got as far as one can with this.

I think it's already been said here but a Sony camera needs the legacy mode to be turned on and it only works with old teams (not new). I asked Sony if they had plans to update but they said 'no'.

I also worked out the max resolution that the Sony webcam app puts out is nowhere near HD and so it isn't a great webcam anyway. UNLESS, you buy a capture card that goes into the HDMI socket of the camera. If you do, it works full resolution with any app.

OR, you use your iPhone. An iPhone works with new and old teams as well as FaceTime and isn't sacrificial on quality.

Hope it helps!

@ksun0802