REPOST - MIcrosoft Stream (15min Max Screen Recording Limit)

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, just reposting this as never got any responses on my last post

Why does microsoft stream only allow me to screen record for a maximum of 15min???
I am trying to record some video training tutorials for & seems kind of ridiculous why screen recording would be limited to 15min??

Appreciate any help :)

5 Replies

@Chris_455 Same issue. It is limiting such a great feature. Looking for answers.

@ShwetaS2470 its wierd how nobody is respondonding?? I have posted this same question twice of this forum & not one person has responded??

Maybe it is linked to OneDrive storage and being mindful that for many that isn't limitless?
I have the same question. I'd love to see an option/feature that prompts to extend if we hit 14 minutes :)
@Chris_455 @ShwetaS2470 @IanStewart @durgavaprasad Stream has only ever allowed you to do a screen recording of a maximum of 15 minutes. If you want to do something longer, your solution would be to use Clipchamp. Microsoft acquired Clipchamp in December and it will allow you to record 30 minutes without upgrading to a premium version at this time. It is being integrated into the Enterprise licensing model, but currently you have to use a personal account to get it. It has great features and will double what you can record at this time.

Another option . . . just schedule a meeting in Teams and invite another person (like maybe your personal email account) and when you start the meeting, turn on meeting recording and record whatever it is that you wish to record. Then you can make your recording as long as you want. That's what I do when I need more than 15 or 30 minutes. You get a great MP4 file from it which works on any platform also.