Document Library "Image Tags" vs Stream "Tags"

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm exploring Stream on SharePoint to manage my video content.  It appears to be an amazing tool for this.  I upload the video to a SharePoint Document Library.  I've added a few columns to help organized the content.  There was a standard column of "Image Tags," which is cool for organization. 

Now I view the videos on Stream.  I see the "Title" and "Description" are the same that I add or alter in the SharePoint Document Library.   This is nice.  However, within the Stream Interface for the videos, in the list view I see 'Tags."  Well, these do not seem to sync with the Image Tags that I have added through the SharePoint Document Library interface.

Does anyone understand these two fields, what they are for, how they are used, and why they do not sync?

Thanks!

Jay

1 Reply

@Jay5DMission - I believe you are talking about the new "Tags" capability that shows up in the Stream start page?  This is a feature of Microsoft 365 that is in all the Microsoft 365 start pages (word, excel, powerpoint, stream, clipchamp) it's part of the M365 start / home page not something that we built for Stream specifically. And as far as I know it doesn't store this info in SharePoint / OneDrive thus it's not related to any document library columns / metadata. 

I don't quite know all the plans for this new tagging capability but it's meant for these M365 start pages for now as far as I know. 

MarcMroz_0-1709577990666.png