Embedded Quiz/Form Interactivity Intermittent and Buggy

Brass Contributor

The Stream video interactivity feature that allows you to embed a quiz or form into the time line of a video does not always work or is very intermittent at best.

Our students we have a video hosted on streams that they're to watch, only about 5% of our students actually had the quiz pop up while watching the video with the rest having it pop up with 'loading' and then disappearing or not having anything show up at all, despite having the time stamp indicators on the time line as to when the quizzes are scheduled to show up.

Even for myself as admin when I watch the videos in streams, regardless of where I am or the internet connection, sometimes the quiz will pop up, most of the time it won't.

45 Replies

@franshap 

Seems to be working right now. Did what you said and shows up in less than 10 sec of loading now in Chrome. 

@franshap 

Never ending loading screen, same as others have indicated.

JamesTheGrayOne_0-1598357697611.png

@franshap 

Sadly it does not fix the issue for me.

Following this thread as my organization is also experiencing the same issue. Videos run fine. When the pop-up quiz is launched it is stuck in an endless loading loop. Everyone has access to the quiz as a stand-alone, but not through Stream video.

@SLustgarten 

Would you be able to share a "session ID" (? -> About Microsoft Stream -> "Client Session ID") from the session where you are seeing this issue, so we can investigate further? Also, what OS and browser version are you using?

Version 1.0.2230.7
Client Session ID {0} 31f30280-224f-4d2f-bffa-ffd6b9ffb4be
Your data is stored in United States
Using Chrome Thank you!

@SLustgarten @rwburns70 @srmendez @JamesTheGrayOne @stedmana @schesna @MinervaP 
We're discussing with the Forms team currently, but in the meantime I have found a way to repro the issue and I'm curious if this case is why you are affected by this issue.  When I am logged into 2 different microsoft accounts in the same browser, i.e. logged into one account in Stream, and in another tab logged into a different microsoft account, I have the same problem you all describe.

If you are using Chrome which it seems like you all are - If you press Ctrl + Shift + Delete and select just "Cookies and other site data", and hit "Clear Data", then go back to Stream and reload + login again, does the loading of the form work?

Obviously this is not an ideal resolution but it will help us debug the issue if this works for you. 

@franshap 

Just tried the clearing the data, reloading, signing in and the issue persist. 

I tried in Internet explorer. The first video took a while but it loaded the form. the second video got stuck loading the form.

@franshap 

Sadly there was no change... Still stuck at loading screen for assessment.

@stedmana I'm having the same issue with users here. Embedding "forms" seems to work fine, but embedding "quizes" causes the never ending loading screen in all browsers. I've tested this with multiple forms, quizes and videos.

CC: @franshap

I also noticed if I change the quiz to "Anyone with the link can respond" it then works fine in Stream.

@franshap
@plawrence 

Changing this seems to have doe the trick, so far everyone who has tried, is able to access.

@JamesTheGrayOne  I can confirm this works. However we are recording the name of the user who attempted the quiz for automation and grading purposes. even though it fixes the issue, it does not work for us. 

@SLustgarten @JamesTheGrayOne @plawrence  Thank you all for the updates, we're continuing to work with the Forms team to fix this.  In the meantime I have one more thing I'm wondering if you all could try.  We do authorization slightly different in our Embed experience and I'm wondering if you could try that.  So for whatever Stream url you use to go to the video, all you have to do is add "/embed/" before the "video" portion like so: 

Change this: 

https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/...

To this:

https://web.microsoftstream.com/embed/video/...

Please let me know the results of this test.  Thank you!

Just tried using Chrome and running the video from stream directly. It is still stuck on loading the form. :( Let me know if I can help in any other way!

@franshap 

Sadly still unable to load the form with the 'embed' change to the url.

@stedmana @franshap @JamesTheGrayOne 

Hi, I experienced this issue within the last week and see this thread has not been updated in over 10 days. Has there been any resolution to the loading wheel error for embedded quizzes? I have tried the solutions in the thread to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your time!

@stedmana  @JamesTheGrayOne  @snonnenmann @franshap 

Hi,

I have been through this thread and am experiencing the same problem with no resolution that allows me to consistently use the interactive quiz feature in Stream with the settings that "only people in my org can respond" and "record name." I have two quizzes in one video with the same settings: one quiz will not load; the other will load. 

I changed the quiz that will not load to "anyone with the link can respond" and that seems to allow it to load. However, then I do not have a record of who responds.

Are there any updates re: a resolution?

Thanks!

@summertime76 @stedmana  @JamesTheGrayOne  @snonnenmann 

I'm continuing to work with the Forms team to find a solution.  We're working on testing a possible fix and we will post updates soon, thank you for your patience!

I am getting to this thread late. 

Our district is  also having the same issue and look forward to the solution.  For me, ours continued to load and other times it just completely passed the point in the video it was supposed to stop at. 

I adjusted it to anyone can respond and it works now to stop the video at the right spot.  It also loaded the form quiz too now.  But as mentioned before, that's not a solution yet because we need to record the peoples' name. @franshap