Defender XDR connector

Copper Contributor

I'm confused about what I am seeing for installed connectors in Sentinel.

Within "Data connectors" I have the Microsoft Defender XDR connector and it is enabled.

techjunk_0-1711725533019.png

The description is;

"Microsoft Defender XDR​ is a unified, natively integrated, pre- and post-breach enterprise defense suite that protects endpoint, identity, email, and applications and helps you detect, prevent, investigate, and automatically respond to sophisticated threats"

If I go to "Content hub" and search for "Status: Installed" I don't see that connector. If I change the filter to "Status: Not installed" and search for Microsoft Defender XDR I see this solution;

techjunk_1-1711725851099.png

Based on the difference in number of Analytic rules and Queries associated with the two solutions they are not the same.  

Can someone shed some light on this? Does one supersede the other? 

And why when I search for installed solutions does the one I have installed not show up? 

Thanks

2 Replies

Just my understanding:
In Content hub, what you see is a solution, it includes 1 data connector, 40 analytics rule, 71 hunting query and 3 workbook.
In "Data connector", you only see the data connector. the related content in the data connecter details may be from mutiple solutions, I guess.

I'm not sure where the issue originated, but I installed the supposedly missing solution and it now shows when filtering on installed. I'm not sure if the connector and some of the content type was previously installed, or if there was some previous version installed, but I am no longer seeing the odd mis-matched information.