Is anyone successfully using the Enterprise websites connector for Microsoft Search?

Brass Contributor

My organisation uses MS 365 Online.   It also has a significant number of internal facing WordPress sites?

My question is simple:  I've read that  "With the Enterprise websites connector, your organization can index articles and content from its internal-facing websites. After you configure the connector and sync content from the website, end users can search for that content from any Microsoft Search client."  Does this mean we could extend our MS Search and get it to index our WordPress sites too, so that with one search box input a member of staff would be able to search all MS 365 and all the WordPress sites in one search action?

Has anyone implemented the Enterprise websites connector successfully to achieve anything like this?

1 Reply

@MaryHillSHU 

It looks like the ability to crawl an internal website is in preview. This means its not production ready so should not be used in a production environment. 

I haven't seen this functionality before and it is very new so I suspect not many people will have used it yet but you never know someone may reply. 

Looks like you are based in my home town so feel free to reach out if you want to discuss some of these things. Details in profile.