Delve Boards disappering

Iron Contributor

Has/is anyone experiencing their Boards disappearing? This is the 3rd time I have lost my Boards. I use them heavily to organize objects and it is a great way to keep like-minded items together.

I am not sure I am going to be willing to rebujild all my Boards again and this has been having a negative impact on the application and on adoption. The business is losing "faith" in being able to use aspects of the product.

Yes, I have opened a ticket (as I have for the other times). I'm just curious if others see this and how you mitigate the impact.

49 Replies

The last couple of times we turned off Office Graph in Sharepoint Admin and then turned it back on.

The next day the boards appeared again but were not listed as favorites any more.

Fingers crossed but we have been ok for the last month or so.

Today the boards are back, favourites inclusive (I don't think MS has already taken action).

And today (3/20/2017) my boards (favorites) are empty....again.

My Boards exist, as do the tags for the Boards, but all the documents associated with a Board(s) are gone.

Very frustrating. I have been using Delve as a tool to sell adoption to the organization. If it cant be relied upon, then I can't use it.

Product seems incredibly flakey with documents being displayed one day for 4/5 users who should see them and then disappearing for even myself the next day.

I have been seeing this issue for about 3-4 months now. I'll assign a board to a document an it will work.

If I work with that document again the board will have disappeared and I'll have to re-assign it.

Very frustrating to use or to have anyone else want to even try to use Delve and boards for organization.

I have seen the same and have tried to find trends. Office 365 Video items seem to stay on a board pretty reliably. But wiki pages from a SharePoint enterprise wiki seem to drop off instantly.

New development today. The files that used to be assigned to a board still don't have that board assigned but now the option to add the file to a board is gone.

Anyone else seeing this???

See attached for my commentBoards Missing.PNG

Thanks for the updates on this thread.

Am checking in with the product team on this and also looping in @Margrete Sævareid for visibility

Thank you all for the updates. I am looping in @Eleni Tsimi to further explain the latest updates in this thread.

I am also having issues with favourites disappearing - a couple of documents I've saved as favourites have gone. I have only been using Delve for a week and this was apparent right away.

I initially saved one document in the web portal (last week), when I logged back on Tuesday it had gone. I resaved this to my favourites along with another document on Tuesday. Today they are not showing in my favourites. When I seach for these two documents, they are showing as favourites. So it seems today the issue is that they are just not displaying in my favourites page. The documents I have been saving to my favourites are in Sharepoint sites.

I also installed the Delve app on my machine after I had saved these two documents to my favourites on Tuesday, however these favourites were not showing in the app, yet they were in the web. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Hi all,

Regarding Boards, there have been some changes lately, in order to mitigate the issue with the missing documents from boards. We had to limit the content types that can be added to a board. For the time being, you can add to a board only those documents that have the board icon in the content card. (Documentation)

Examples of filetypes that can be added to a board are: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, OneNote (the most common filetypes) but other content types like images (png, bmp, gif...) will not be supported.

This is an interim solution in order to ensure that you won't be adding something to a board which will later not be available. We are working on having support for all content types.

For the favorites issue @Leanne Priest mentioned, I have reached out to her separately for more info.

We appreciate your feedback so please keep posting if you continue having issues with the boards/favorites.

Thanks,
Eleni

@Eleni Tsimi All of the documents that have disappeared from my boards are standard MS documents (Word, excel, Powerpoint) and PDFs.

It does not matter where these items are stored (email, sharepoint, onedrive), nor does it matter if it is associated with a board or just marked as a favorite.

I have used some of the diagnostic tips from Support and it seems my docs are still marked this way, but do not show up. The XML output of my some of my boards does not match what my boards display (number of items). 

This app or whatever we call it has gone from bad to worse. First I can't assign boards; then when I do assign them they won't hold; then we can't assign to some file tyes that used to work before; now the "Me" section hasn't updated for a week even though I'm working with files daily.

This either needs to work or it needs pulled. Too many things are getting rolled out that are half-baked.

Thank you for reporting Guy and I am sorry you are experiencing such difficulties. Let's try to figure out what's going on here. I'll PM you to collect some more more data to help with diagnostics on the Boards and freshness issues you are seeing. Also adding @Eleni Tsimi to this conversation.

Already sent her a screen shot. Was told to use Chrome - why?? This is a MS product and should work in IE or Edge.

Telling me that Chrome is what is needed for log collection is wrong. No confidence in your own product???????

Hi Guy,

Of course you can collect logs using IE/Edge. I have already sent you instructions. I have seen that there are users who prefer a different browser , that's why I sent you Chrome first.

Waiting for your logs in order to investigate your issues.

Thanks,
Eleni

Definatley a bug in there somewhere. I have spreadsheets tagged in favourites that regularly dissapear from the favourites section. I can add them one day, they are gone the next!

Hi Allan!

I sent you a private message with the details we need to know in order to help you with your issue.

Thanks,
Eleni