SOLVED

Multi app Kiosk for Windows 11

Copper Contributor

Can an MDM solution enable a multi-app kiosk for Windows 11 devices?
Currently, the MDM supports multi-app kiosk for Windows 10 devices.

can anyone help with this issue...

3 Replies

Hi @James_76120,

currently, administrators can only use PowerShell and WMI Bridge to enable kiosk mode on Windows 11 machines.
Set up a multi-app kiosk on Windows 11 - Configure Windows | Microsoft Learn

Meanwhile, Microsoft plans to add support for Intune/MDM and provisioning package configuration in upcoming releases.
Multi-app kiosk mode now available in Windows 11! - Microsoft Community Hub

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Thanks for answering my query @LeonPavesic 
That means the MDMs cannot use the Multi App Kiosk feature for Windows 11 right? 
I tested it for Windows 10 via an MDM and it worked.

best response confirmed by James_76120 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @James_76120,

currently, the native support for multi-app kiosk mode on Windows 11 is not available through MDM solutions.

As mentioned, administrators can currently use PowerShell and WMI Bridge to enable kiosk mode on Windows 11 devices.

However, there is a plan from Microsoft to add support for Intune/MDM and provisioning package configuration for multi-app kiosk mode in Windows 11 in upcoming releases.

The functionality you tested and used successfully for Windows 10 via an MDM is not yet extended to Windows 11, but the future updates will address this (there is still no ETA (Date) determined).

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by James_76120 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @James_76120,

currently, the native support for multi-app kiosk mode on Windows 11 is not available through MDM solutions.

As mentioned, administrators can currently use PowerShell and WMI Bridge to enable kiosk mode on Windows 11 devices.

However, there is a plan from Microsoft to add support for Intune/MDM and provisioning package configuration for multi-app kiosk mode in Windows 11 in upcoming releases.

The functionality you tested and used successfully for Windows 10 via an MDM is not yet extended to Windows 11, but the future updates will address this (there is still no ETA (Date) determined).

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post