SOLVED

Admin roles for external collaboration settings not working

Copper Contributor

We are attempting to grant access to the external collaboration settings in Entra to facilitate adding and removing domains. We've gone over all the documentation and tried every single role that supposedly grants this access, but none of them work. Those underlined below have some sort of domain changing access according to Microsoft's documentation.

SpacerRyan_0-1706024497861.png

Even with all these roles, the screen remains completely grayed out.

SpacerRyan_1-1706024640745.png

Even on the Entra side of things, we can see all the respective roles assigned to the user, but it still doesn't work. Are we missing something here? Maybe some sort of dependency role for these other ones to work?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by SpacerRyan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Not sure which documentation you are looking at, but according to the "permissions" reference, these settings are only available to Global admins: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/role-based-access-control/delegate-by-task#external...

Configure B2B external collaboration settings Global Administrator

@Vasil Michev 

Thank you, Vasil. We were going based off documentation like this - Configure external collaboration settings, which states to "Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center as at least a External Identity Provider administrator." Then there is also this giant list of the Entra built-in roles that lays out what each role can accomplish. I didn't see anywhere that states it requires Global Administrator, but apparently you do.

I really appreciate you discovering this, as I had a feeling it was going to be something like this. Thank you again!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SpacerRyan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Not sure which documentation you are looking at, but according to the "permissions" reference, these settings are only available to Global admins: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/role-based-access-control/delegate-by-task#external...

Configure B2B external collaboration settings Global Administrator

View solution in original post