FirstDetected Field - where can I find it in the Defender schema?

Copper Contributor

Hi - in Microsoft 365 Defender, when running Kusto queries - which table will I find the "First Detected" field against a device?

I can see it in the Device Summary page, but can't find it in any of the available tables in the schema.

Thanks for any advice,

Mark

7 Replies

@marktait19, have you found anything on this?

I would love to know if anyone has found anything on this. @NazmulHassan 

Hi @marktait19 and all,

I'm not sure this particular field exists within the Defender Advanced Hunting schema. Perhaps if there was a DeviceFileInfo table??

There may be something we can do in limited, albeit highly specific situations. On a particularly unique file we could run it through the FileProfile() function. (via the Defender API). This function spits out a bunch of info on the input file including global prevalence and Global First Seen. If the file is unique enough this may be an option to you.
Personally, alongside the many great fields it already pulls in and the particular field you requested I’d love to see “Org devices” aka Org prevalence as well.

This function is resource intensive so use it sparingly and only after as much filtering down as possible.

Good luck,

Dylan

@DylanInfosec  Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, the field does not exist in the Defender Advanced Hunting Schema. However, it does pull from analytics and goes under a different title.

dullinternet_1989_0-1714147003418.png

I am still not entirely sure how to get these two to merge. 

This is great! Thanks for following up on this with the info. Will definitely be using this in the near future.

Thank you,
Dylan
No problem. It takes a village sometimes!
Hi - my client hasn't opened up the API for me yet. I only have access to Hunting -> Advanced Hunting.

Is the cveFirstSeenTimestamp - only available via the API?

Is there an equivalent field I can find in Advanced Hunting?

Thanks again,

Mark